As the demand for hair transplant increases, the studies on techniques continues without stopping. Both men and women who tend to have a hair transplant operation are beginning to investigate the latest techniques and trying to figure out the best one for themselves. In addition to the classic FUT and almost standardized FUE techniques, a new technique called DHI (Direct Hair Implant) is becoming more and more popular now. In DHI hair transplant technique, the surgeon does not use stitches, scars, and incisions. The hair follicles taken from the donor area are placed directly into the bald area with the help of a special tool.
In this technique, the number of grafts is satisfied, the operation time is long, the pain level is low and the cost is a little bit higher.
In this article, we will go deeper in DHI hair transplant technique by answering the FAQ of it.
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions About DHI Hair Transplant
- 1.1 1. Does DHI Hair Transplant Hurt?
- 1.2 Read: Advantages & Disadvantages of Hair Transplant Techniques
- 1.3 2. Does DHI Hair Transplant Treatment Cause Bleeding?
- 1.4 Read: A Complete Guide to Hair Transplant – Things You Should Know
- 1.5 3. Is There Any Special Shampoo to Use After DHI Hair Transplant Session?
- 1.6 4. Do I Have to Shave My Head Before DHI Hair Transplant Operation?
- 1.7 Read: Tips Before Having a Hair Transplant
- 1.8 5. How Long Does It Take to Return to Work After DHI Hair Transplant Treatment?
- 1.9 6. How Long Does It Take to See Final Results?
- 1.10 7. Is the DHI Procedure Suitable for Women?
- 1.11 8. Can I Have DHI Hair Transplant Treatment If I Have Already Lost A Lot of Hair?
Frequently Asked Questions About DHI Hair Transplant
1. Does DHI Hair Transplant Hurt?
This one is one of the most wondered questions about this technique. Because as everyone aware, hair transplant operation contains some pain in its nature. Therefore, the people who decide to have a hair transplant operation, start to worry about the pain level of their own treatment. And when they hear about a new hair transplant technique, the first question they ask becomes that “Does this method hurt?”
Good news that DHI hair transplant technique has a very low pain level. Because, in this particular technique, there is no need to transplant the hair follicles one by one into the incision the surgeon opens. There is a tool looks like a pen is using in DHI hair transplant technique. The surgeon removes the grafts from the donor area and puts them into the hairless area with the same move. There is no waiting time used in this technique. As a result of this, the hair quality is much higher than other FUE and FUT hair transplant techniques.
2. Does DHI Hair Transplant Treatment Cause Bleeding?
As there is no incision or suture in the area where hair transplantation is to be performed, the bleeding risk is reduced as much as possible. Thus, the healing process is much shorter. Thanks to the special tool used in DHI hair transplant, the surgeon performs the whole transplantation process without any incision. The surgeon removes the grafts with a surgical pen varying between 0.6 mm and 1 mm in thickness. Then he/she cleans and transfers the grafts to the head skin without using any channel. Therefore, there is no important bleeding in this DHI hair transplant operation method.
3. Is There Any Special Shampoo to Use After DHI Hair Transplant Session?
There are some recommendation shampoos of the clinics for the post-DHI hair transplant session. The most important thing about this issue is about certification. The shampoos you will apply to your head during DHI treatment should be certified by the Ministry of Health. There are of course many malfeasances on this field as it happens in every field of health, unfortunately. Therefore, to learn the most appropriate products for yourself, you may ask to your clinic and/or surgeon directly.
4. Do I Have to Shave My Head Before DHI Hair Transplant Operation?
There is no need for shaving in DHI hair transplant technique, the surgeon trims only the hair of donor area. On the contrary, in FUE and FUT techniques, you need to shave your whole scalp before the procedure.
5. How Long Does It Take to Return to Work After DHI Hair Transplant Treatment?
Normally, you may go back to your daily responsibilities just on the following day. You need to be careful about completely fulfilling the treatment instructions that your surgeon gives you. Although there is no need for any gap, you may prefer to take a week off to rest well after the operation.
6. How Long Does It Take to See Final Results?
Just like the other cosmetic surgeries, it may last almost 1 year to see the final result. However, you will be able to see the positive improvement in 3-4 months after the DHI hair transplant operation.
7. Is the DHI Procedure Suitable for Women?
Yes, there is no difference in gender for DHI hair transplant operation. You, as both women and men, can take advantage of this technique with total peace of mind. And after the whole treatment is done, you can enjoy your new look!
8. Can I Have DHI Hair Transplant Treatment If I Have Already Lost A Lot of Hair?
The surgeon uses especially back of the head to transplant the hair to the hairless area. But if you do not have hair in this area, it is not a problem. The surgeon can use other parts of your body for this purpose. The important point of this alternative is to define the quality of the other hairy area of your body. If you consult your clinic, they can guide you to define the most appropriate part as a donor area.